Friday, January 26, 2007

A typical day through my eyes....6am-7pm


First attempt at the self-portrait.



They are more interested than they look :)
This is part of an oral presentation on the novel The Bronze Bow.
Grammar...timed essay writing!










I actually shot this one while driving about 40 miles per hour. It is next to a traffic light, but I had a green light and still wanted to get the picture because it is something I see almost every time I leave the house.





I finally mastered the timer, but since I can't turn the flash off I continue to look like a dear caught in the headlights and really bad light at that :)

9 comments:

Ampersand said...

I love seeing your entire day...your students, your animals, your bread...your self-portrait :).

And hey, we use the same algebra book!

Sandie said...

Thanks, but I HATE(well maybe I should say strongly dislike) the Jacob's algebra book ;) I like the Saxon much better, but the boys I work with in the morning like Jacobs a lot and so I suffer through with a smile on my face :)

NoVA Dad said...

I love that entire series -- and, judging from the first self-portrait, my "How To" course on taking pictures continues to sell:-) That is such a great sequence of photos, and I love watching the development of the homemade bread from dough to fresh out of the oven. What kind?

- Matt

Unknown said...

Great details of your entire day! I LOVED the shot of you reading and the boys listening in the background. What a terrific angle. You got the book and their faces.

Bread looks yummy too. Thanks for playing!

carrie said...

I wish once more I could send my kids your way. It looks so good, so comforting andc productive. I loved looking at your day.

Natalia said...

Great sequence Sandie. What a full day!

RedGypsie said...

Great series! Oh your poor dog's eyes; they break my heart. And what full hours you live!

Dancingirl said...

Okay... I was going to ask about the Jacob's algebra... see you answered about that already. You have one busy day!! I thoroughly enjoyed the photos. (Looks like Dirk is still feeling pretty awful.... so sorry.)

Katrina said...

I enjoyed going through your day with you. Made me smile. :) . . . and I'd still love to see your resource center in action, but alas, my plans keep falling through!