Thursday, January 18, 2007

He is reminding me to count my blessings....

Coco is up and walking better. He is eating on his own (soft food and broth). He isn't crying or whining, so I think he is in less pain. However, as you can see in the picture his tail is down, and that is a big deal on a chow. They are so proud of their fluffy tails that the parade them high in the air! The vet said it is part of his back problems. And he won't let me brush or groom him at all. So, he is not his usually beautiful self, but he still seems happy just to be where I am.

He is reminding me each day we have together, whether it is just a few or another year or two, is very, very special! I have had him almost as long as I had all three kids at home :) He is here and happy now, in the present and helping to keep me focused there too.

6 comments:

LauraLiz said...

So glad to see Coco up!!

SUSAN said...

*gulp* I love how dogs love us.

Hug him for me. I'm going to go pet our sheltie dog and calico cat now. :-)

Glad Coco is walking around!

Susan

Dancingirl said...

Glad he's up and eating. Glad you're living in the present.

Dalissa 365 said...

I am glad you are savoring each day with him. He is so handsome in this photo and has such an interesting expression on his face.

Colleen said...

What's nice is that this project may actually be helping you to enjoy Coco more. Just looking at him, taking these pictures, and so on. : )

Ampersand said...

*sniff*

So happy Coco is up, he is one handsome dog.

Here's to the present moment with Coco.