Monday, January 1, 2007

In honor of Tradition!

Susan, when I went to get the lentils out of the panty, I found black eyed peas! I didn't even know we had any so I made them because we can use all the luck we can get. As you can see the pot is almost gone. The corn muffins made with coconut milk were tasty, but much denser than unsual.

This is our traditional cornbeef and cabbage! Gotta love the show Good Eats...that is where I learned if you add caraway seeds the house doesn't smell like cabbage and the cabbage tastes a bit sweeter!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Your up-close shots of food are neat. I'll have to try that. :)

Dancingirl said...

We had black-eyed peas, too... and cabbage (both red and green).

I like the food shots, too.

Paula said...

We had black eyed peas, too! And of course greens to bring money. I don't really believe all of that, but I love traditions.

SUSAN said...

YAY for black eyed peas. I was too sick to cook on New Years, so John cooked the traditional black eyed peas, cabbage and sausage. I didn't eat any but those that could partake, said it was wonderful.

Susan