Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sunday Comfort....

Becuase I had to get to church 2 hours early (Nathan had bell choir practice) I actually had extra time this morning at church when very few people were there. It is my favorite time, quiet and still. So, here is my rosary and my BCP, both of which I enjoyed today.

When we got home after a very long day(parish meeting), my sweet Miss Pepper was sitting on a log like a queen. She is more wild than tame. But when she wants attention she can be the sweetest cat ever. The picture is not tilted, the log is.

8 comments:

Ampersand said...

I love both pictures. The first one is so peaceful and comforting. And the second is amusing and peaceful as well.

Dancingirl said...

I like them both, too. I wanted to do something today to commemorate going to church, but didn't love the one I rigged up. So I'll try again another Sunday, probably more than once.

All that to say I like the arrangement of the rosary and BCP. Very nice.

NoVA Dad said...

Yaayy! A fellow Pisky! I think the BCP is one of the greatest things ever -- and more so if you have the opportunity to find and read either the 1926 version or the even older version. Beautiful language in them all.

- Matt

Sandie said...

Matt, this is one of my favorite online sources http://justus.anglican.org/resources/bcp/bcp.htm
It has many BCP's online and easy to get to.

I have a collection of them and my favorite for just reading is the one from 1789. It is just beautiful, and the one I like best for worship is the brand new, New Zealand BCP. It is not yet available online, but it is worth owning!!!

my15minutes said...

I like the use of natural light on the BCP and rosary, as well as the composition

SUSAN said...

Love the composition and peacefulness of the first one. The second photo makes me smile.

Susan

MaryD said...

they are both wonderful. the peace of the church, and the peace of sweet kitty cat!

Jeff Reeder said...

I love the angle and composition of the BCP and rosary. And, the rosary is very pretty in and of itself.
Cute kittie, too.