Thursday, January 11, 2007

Emily doing Salsa!

This really made my day today and when Emily asked me to put it as my picture for today I couldn't resist. I have so many great pictures from today I may be posting the on all 4 of my blogs for different reasons!
Emily is an amazing girl! I have known her since she was 2 or 3 years old. Her mother and I taught at the same co-op. When she was 4, they found out she had A-T. It is a disease where her body will fail her. I have seen her go from some walking, to using a walker, to using a wheelchair. I was proud of Edward and Sue who helped her, but I was so proud of Emily for wanting to try no matter how hard it was or how embarassed she might be.

Here is a link to Emily's A-T Fund. The money goes to research to help fight this terrible and rare genetic disorder. The website also explains what A-T is.

I got the other pictures up on Musings are the "nuts and bolts" type pictures of the the event, on Ponderings are a couple special pictures of Kayleigh and Athena, on Leftovers are some of my favorite shots of the dancing and the pinata. I can't believe that I took almost 200 pictures today. (Don't worry I only posted about 15-20), it is feeling so good to get a camera back in my hands! Now if I could just get my lens to my slr back from the shop I would be in 7th heaven!

4 comments:

Dancingirl said...

Very touching picture and story. She sounds like a special girl.

SUSAN said...

ahhh, that makes me smile and feel like crying too. What a special place you have there, Sandie!

Susan

Unknown said...

Really nice pair of photos here. I love the facial expression on Emily in the second shot.

Ampersand said...

She looks so very happy. Makes me smile too.