Saturday, January 20, 2007

Guess where I was again today :)

Athena getting off another plane!
Nathan actually offering to help her with her luggage.
The Louisville Airport Pegasus.
I actually paid to park so you guys could see her. She is one of our major landmarks. I remember when the city opened the 'new' airport. I was just a little girl(not so little since I actually did the resesearch), but the Pegasus was in the news and made a huge impression.
When I traveled it was always nice to come home to her :)

8 comments:

LauraLiz said...

Wow, Sandie! That bottom photo is...eerie! She looks almost invisible, like the spirit hovering there. Neat photo.

Sandy said...

What a beautiful sculpture and a what perfect spot to place it in. I'd look forward to seeing it too.

I like your angle - looks like she's floating through the sky. So glad you took the time (and paid the parking fee!) to share this one!

Colleen said...

Cool sculpture! Thanks for sharing that with us.

NoVA Dad said...

Can you get frequent driver miles for all of the time you've been spending at the airport lately?

The Pegasus photos are great; that's an impressive display.

- Matt

Katrina said...

Thanks for the Pegasus shots. They're beautiful! Athena's smile is gorgeous. :) How did you get the whole airport to yourself?

Dancingirl said...

Beautiful shot of Pegasus with the windowed dome. Thanks for the special effort to get the photo!

Glad Athena is back!

SUSAN said...

What is Pegasus made of? Looks like wire. Makes me feel light-hearted.

Thanks,
Susan

Sandie said...

The pegasus is a hand made wire sculpture that is life size. Her wing span is 17 ft. I had the years wrong too! I thought she was created in 1975, but it was 1985. It is funny that I remembered her as part of my childhood, but she wasn't even up then...hmmm