Friday, February 9, 2007

Textures

I have actual shot this piece of wood a few other times, but until I found the LT exposure setting on my camera I didn't like any of the shots. This one I do like. I like the layers and textures. I think I kept going back to it because it fasinates me how even though the life of the tree is over, it continues to shelter and nurture other life very different than its own.

Also I posted some student work over on Musings. The kids are getting very excited again. I think it was seeing me work in B&W and Sepia that inspired them. The work was all shot here in and around the house over the last three days. I think you will really enjoy it.

2 comments:

Ampersand said...

That is really cool. I clicked for a larger image and the detail is amazing. When I first saw it, it looked like and underwater shot -- reef or something like that.

SUSAN said...

I love that shot but then, I love trees! Can you count the rings and tell me how old it is? hehe
So glad you are inspiring the kids with your photography!!

Susan