Saturday, April 21, 2007

While running erands....

This is a shot of the flowers outside my favorite little Value Market!

This picture was taken from the expressway around noon for an air and fireworks show that was to start around 4 or 5 pm I think and the fireworks weren't scheduled until 9:30 pm. By the time the fireworks started there was no green to be seen. I didn't go this year, but Nathan and Athena were there with other friends and family members. I just don't like crowds and this is the biggest crowd in the Kyanna area each year. Usually more than a couple million people in a two mile stretch on both sides of the river.

4 comments:

Susanne Barrett said...

Very cool -- now I have a better idea of what the place you live looks like. :)

my15minutes said...

So what's the big occasion that brings out all the people/fireworks/celebration?

Sandie said...

The beginning of the two week long Derby Festival.

Ampersand said...

Great shot of the flower section...and wow about all those people in one place...that would not bee my cup of tea, I would just hide.