Saturday, April 7, 2007

Getting ready!


Athena was with her boyfriend's family all day today and so Nathan and I were left to get ready for tomorrow. He didn't want to color regular eggs "waste a-time" was his exact quote, but we got out the milk chocolate, white chocolate, dark chocolate, and the food coloring to made a dozen of these chocolate covered cheesecake eggs. Each one is about 4"x3"x3"deep. It was our first time, so there was a big learning curve! While these are not very pretty, I like them enought to keep trying this method.

6 comments:

Ampersand said...

Well, the certainly look good enough to eat!!

MaryD said...

They look really pretty! I was bummed to find our egg dye was all gone except for the one that had really weak color, and on our brown eggs they didn't take so well... but it was what we had!

I have a question-- I'm forgetting-- I know you've mentioned that Athena is your niece, is Nathan nephew or son? Or both (Smile)

Also wanted to say on this Easter Sunday that I'm thankful for you Sandie and all your encouraging words on the forum and 365's!

SUSAN said...

How fun! Creative guy!

Susan

Sandie said...

Thank you so much Mary. Nathan is my nephew.

Sandy said...

These sound yummy! Love the colors!

Dalissa McEwen Reeder said...

They look tasty! And, I relate to the whole learning thing seeing that I tried to make challah for the first time Saturday. (I saw your note about the French bread and wondered if you do anything different when baking it?)