Sunday, July 8, 2007

Saturday and Sunday

Sunday's picture.
My first attempt at gluten free cinnamon-nutmeg pancakes. They were pretty good. These are mine and they are topped with a little peanut butter, 1/2 a banana, almonds and a drizzle of pure maple syrup. Since I over slept we actually had them for lunch :)

Saturday's picture
This is the highest of three receipts from yesterday's shopping excursion. Except for fresh fruit and veggies, we shouldn't have to do shopping like this again for about 5 weeks. At least I feel like I accomplished something!

No picture for Friday, by the time I could stop and think, the day was over.

4 comments:

SUSAN said...

You have been busy! Those pancakes look yummy. Are you going on a gluten-free diet?

Susan

Sandie said...

Thanks Susan, and yes, we are trying to get wheat and gluten out of the diet. It is more like phasing it out then jumping in full-force. According to the "Eat Right For Your Bloodtype" book, it is a really, really bad thing for both Mom (type A) and Dirk (type O). I just really want to see both of them healthy again. We are still using the NT book a lot too.

MaryD said...

These pancakes look beautiful, and delicious, plus healthy! And the receipts make a cool picture, as well as representing an accomplishment worth noting!

Susanne Barrett said...

Could you pass along the GF recipe to me? We eat GF here, too. :)