Thursday, June 14, 2007

Played today.....


After two hours of math and one of history, Asia and I decided to play today. She had never made a cake from scratch, actually had never realized you could make a cake without a boxed mix, and I had never played with real fondant.

We choose a recipe from the early 1900's because she had just finished a report on Susan B. Anthony. We went with a spring bonnet theme because it just seemed 'lady like'. It was a lemon/cherry liquor pound cake with a mixed berry filling. It also had a blackberry glaze, lemon buttercream frosting, and topped with fondant. My fingers are still green. I am very proud of my first fondant roses and bow.

6 comments:

Lynette said...

This cake is beautiful! What a masterpiece. I love to bake, and even tried to use fondant once, but had no luck with it. Did it taste as delicious as it looks?

Susanne Barrett said...

Gorgeous! I love lemon!!!! What a great time you all must have had.

Claire said...

Wow - what a good job!

Ampersand said...

looks beautiful. fun thing to learn to do.

Katrina said...

How fun! I'm impressed with how lovely it looks. I bet it was yummy with those berries in it.

SUSAN said...

Gorgeous, you are very talented! It also looks yummy!

Susan