Monday, June 18, 2007

Animal Updates :)

This is Diana showing off the new breach in the goat pen. It is a good thing we live on so many acres that they can wander without going into anyone else's yard. They have stretched the whole fence so much that it would be easier to redo it than to fix it.
Sad chicken news, these are the last four left out of 24 that went into the yard. I was having a rough time putting them up at night, and so I left them to fend for themselves in the trees. One morning we counted 24, the next morning 18, the next morning 13, the next morning 4. These guys don't wander off the way the others did and Nathan is actually catching them and putting them in the coop at night. I think I will be looking to buy 4-6 more year old hens soon, if I can keep these guys healthy until September. If not, then my chicken experiment is over. I am not paying to feed my wildlife!

1 comment:

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Where did you go, Sandie! I am missing your pics!