Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Chicken update....

They are huge! And from what I can tell from my reading they are going to keep growing until August. They are easy to care for, the goats are still a bit wary of them. I may be losing my nerve about eating the roosters, which I am only now being able to tell apart from the hens because they are challenging each other. I am also learning they like to dig holes. Four of them refuse to go into the coop at night, they prefer roosting in the tree next to the coop.

5 comments:

Ampersand said...

Wow, it's like they have a penthouse apartment!

Sandie said...

LOL, that is actually the goat house. My step-dad built it up because the goats like being up high at night (well 4 of the 5 do). The chickens have their own special coop that my FIL and the boys all built. It is tall, but not quite that tall ;)

Ampersand said...

A goat house, who knew? My education is woefully incomplete!

MaryD said...

What a fun picture! This reminds me of my growing-up years in Minnesota...

And isn't it funny about the roosters? When they are tiny babies it seems that the males start butting chests with one another... guess it's truly a guy thing!!

SUSAN said...

Amp, I thought it was a chicken house too. lol So the chickens have taken over the goat house. :-)

Susan