Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Diligence


Diligence (Latin, industria) (ethics, opposes sloth, Latin acedia) —
A zealous and careful nature in one's actions and work. Decisive work ethic. Acting energetically without excessive reflection.

This puzzle is being worked on each day during Literature time. I thought it went really well with the Acting energetically without excessive reflection because they are really listening and processing the story, the puzzle just keeps their hand active so their minds can be still.

3 comments:

Paula said...

Funny how people are either into jigsaw puzzles or are driven crazy by them. I'm in the latter group. So I'd say diligence definitely fits.

SUSAN said...

Perfect example of diligence! I remembered my mom working long into the night on crossword puzzles.

Susan

Sandy said...

Now that's a puzzle! Both of my ds' listen better while doing something with their hands (and/or just moving in general). It took me a little while to believe it and get used to it but when both ds' could narrate the last few pages I'd read in detail, I became a believer. :)

That puzzle does show diligence!